The biggest motivator in my life is my family. When not spending time with them, you can find me helping my clients grow and become better at what they do. I have been registered for one race or another 100% of the time for the last 12 Years, but my most favorite of all have been those I got to race with my wife and/or my daughters, which have been many. I have an incredible tribe pushing, pulling and sometimes, dragging me through the process. I love to read and I love to write.
- How many years have you been in triathlon? 9
- How many years have you been apart of HEAT? 9
- How did you get started in triathlon? I had been running for two years and needed a bigger challenge. I discussed Triathlons with Monica, but since we knew nothing about them, she gave me the book “Triathlons for Dummies” that Christmas; read it twice in two days. I then heard about ACME so I went to learn more. Met Mark Evans and after spending an afternoon with him, I walked out with a bike. The rest, as they say, is history.
- What is your favorite discipline? Run
- What distances have you competed in?
- What has been your favorite race? Ironman Louisville 2011
- What is your go-to nutritional product for training/racing? Infinit
- What serves as your motivation to keep going when the training or the race seems too hard? The fat guy in the mirror keeps getting closer. But on a serious note, my grandson once said that I was his hero.
- What does your normal training week look like? Swim, Bike, Run, Eat, Rest, Repeat! Six days per week, on high volume weeks, some two-a-days are the norm.
- What is your first thought after finishing a triathlon?
“When’s the next one?”