I was born and raised in Louisville, KY and have lived in Hendersonville for 23 years now. I work from home for Parallon. I have been married for 27 years and have 4 children – Jade(22), Noah(21), Katie(18), and Jonathon(17). As most of the team will tell you, I am not a morning person, but I do love to train because I love the way I feel when I am training. I am passionate about Jesus, my family, my friends, and missions in Thailand.
1. How many years have you been in triathlon?
2. How many years have you been apart of HEAT?
3. How did you get started in triathlon?
I have always been a runner. While running with Toni Kingsbury one day we decided we were going to try the Old Hickory Triathlon just a couple of months away. I didn’t even know how to swim at that point.
4. What is your favorite discipline?
5. What distances have you competed in?
6. What has been your favorite race?
IronMan Louisville 2012
7. What is your go-to nutritional product for training/racing?
Infinit Go Far
8. What serves as your motivation to keep going when the training or the race seems too hard?
Encouragement from friends and family. I also like to encourage others along the way to remind myself to stay positive with myself.
9. What does your normal training week look like?
2x Swim, 3x Bike, 3x Run
10. What is your first thought after finishing a triathlon?
I just did THAT!!